April Financial Statements and Month to Month Comparison

April has come and passed, and with the exception of a few hot, sunny days here and there, the cold temperatures are still here in the Midwest. As I'm writing this post, it is now mid May, and it is time to examine if my financial growth has gone cold like this month's weather, or if all these April showers have brought some real growth! Enough with the weather puns - let's get to it!


Comparison



Another month down, and another month of solid financial growth. Outside of my cash position, everything moved in the right direction. Let's break everything down a little further below. 

My nearly $4,000 drop in cash from prior month end was a combination of a couple different factors. More than half of the difference can be attributed to the $2,300 decrease in my credit card debt (which I pay off in full every month), and the remaining change is due to investments I've made in April. In addition to contributions to my Roth IRA, I had also decided, after a bit of research, to invest $1,000 into Fundrise. This is my first experience with Fundrise, so I will be sure to add updates over time. I'm going to give this investment a few months, and if I enjoy the experience, I plan to add more funds over time to further diversify my investments. 

The increase in my 401k and HSA accounts are the result of steady, automated investing, which really helped drive my increase in assets and net worth this month. Debt pay-down also contributed, leaving me with a strong 3.94% growth in net worth. Similar to last month - nothing fancy, just keeping my savings rate high and chugging along. 

I would also like to add a quick update that I have created a twitter account - please follow me at @FI_Anon_ to keep up with new posts and my quick thoughts that don't make it through to my blog posts! Feel free to tweet me any questions you may have, and as always feel free to comment below to let me know how I'm doing! I would love to hear from you!

- FI Anon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Dividends and Reinvestment Can Protect Your Investment in a Down Market

Dividends Galore!

Weekly Watchlist - Week of July 6, 2020