Quick Goal Update: My Annual Dividend Income Breaks $3,000!

Hello everyone! With my May financial statements and portfolio updates out of the way, and a couple posts in the works, I wanted to drop a quick post to give an update on one of the goals I had set at the beginning of the year. You can read the goals I set here if you need a refresher.

The goal I refer to in the title here is the first on the list - I wanted to grow my annual dividend income to $3,750 by the end of the year. I most recently updated my portfolio tracker in mid May, which you can view here, and I realized that I had broke the $3,000 annual dividend income mark! From the time I set my goal, I've increased my annual income by $500 in just over 3 months time, and with more than half the year left to go, I'm confident I will be able to not only meet, but exceed my income goal!

As a side note, I have not added any significantly large positions since my goal has been set. My largest new position is Occidental Petroleum, whose yield made it tough to pass up, which was a purchase of $560. Outside a few other small purchases, this increase in my forward income is largely due to my 401(k) and IRA contributions, which are made to mutual funds and ETFs.

With the current volatility going on in the market, I see this as a great opportunity to get even higher yields on some great dividend stocks!

--

Are you on track to meet your goals this year? I would love to hear why or why not!

- FI Anon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Dividends and Reinvestment Can Protect Your Investment in a Down Market

Dividends Galore!

Weekly Watchlist - Week of July 6, 2020